Thursday, September 28, 2006

SO LONG, FAREWELL, AUFWIEDERZEHN, GOODBYE....

A few weeks ago, I started thinking that blogging was a waste of my time. I started blogging for 3 reasons:
1. I love words. I love to express myself in written form.
2. My daughter reads it and I had hoped that someday both of my kids would view it as a legacy.
3. My husband travels a lot. When my kids were babies, I'd sometimes go days without speaking to another adult. Blogging has been a good way to use up my quota of words, especially when Paul is out of town.
Now though, I think it might be a little silly for me to spend my time putting my words to paper (so to speak)for, well...none of the world to see. I REALLY appreciate the 3 of you who have read and commented, but I am no Erma Bombeck (loved her) and perhaps my thoughts are best left un-typed.
However; just as there are times when I simply can't keep my mouth shut about something, I'm sure there will be times where I can't keep my fingers still and will just have to let my view be known. As for the legacy for my kids - I can always do that on a Word Document and print it out for them.
But before I go, I have one last request.
The news on my dad is not nearly as good as we had hoped. His cancer is inoperable. The doctors have said his lung capacity is too low for them to consider surgery. He has been prounounced "incurable." Yet, they are planning to start chemotherapy and radiation. I don't understand that. Does this mean there IS hope, or are they just giving him more time? I have many questions.
So please pray for him and for my step mother. And please pray for my siblings and me as we try to care for him from a distance, and as we try to manage this whole thing without angering our mother. Also, please pray for my mom, that she will finally see that when we give love to somebody else, we are not taking it away from her.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Praying for you and your Dad.

Beaner said...

I'm praying too.....and I'll keep you in my list of 'Favorites' for those times when you can't stay away!

The Amazing Trips said...

I am praying for your dad. It is an awful feeling when you don't have control of a situation ... that's when you must have faith that God is at the helm.

My reason for checking in on you tonight was to see how it all worked out with the girls from the dance the other night. Please do tell - I've told several people about that episode and all of them were completely amazed at the rudeness.

And if it's any consolation - I write because I want to write. I don't do it for those who might or might not read my blog. Writing is truly the greatest catharsis I have in my life ... expressing myself with words. Although, as my posting from tonight clearly illustrates - - I seem to be getting myself in to a lot of trouble!! Ah, so what. 100 years from now, all new people ... right??!

HW said...

jen3 -
I recently offended somebody on one of my postings - but it was the wrong person. Turns out the person who asked me about it was not the person I was talking about. But I still felt bad for the misunderstanding.
I will update about the girls soon...the story is a doozy.