Wednesday, November 07, 2007

LET'S TALK ABOUT "DOG"...

This morning while I fixed breakfast I was watching Fox News. Dog the Bounty Hunter was on it. My husband walked through and said "I can't believe THIS is what our news coverage is all about..."

Basically Dog the Bounty Hunter is in the news for using the N word. A despicable word, a word of hate. He used it several times in a phone conversation to his son; going into a rant about why his son should not date a Black woman "because we use the N word and I won't have our life's work destroyed by someone hearing that and turning it over to the National Enquirer." So his son taped the conversation and sold the tape to the National Enquirer.

Thanksgiving Dinner will be interesting at the Dog House.

There are many many things I would consider questionable about Dog the Bounty Hunter. And I admit I list these without knowing the man personally:

1. He obviously lacks common sense and common courtesy. He failed to jump to the obvious conclusion: STOP USING THE N WORD. Seems he had decided it would be easier to surround himself with other people who accept such vile language than it would be to clean up his act and enlighten himself.

2. He is self-centered. He had chosen to pressure his son to end a relationship that he perceived would impact negatively on his own career. Nice dad.

3. His name. Come on, folks. Where else would it be considered a positive thing to be called a dog?

4. His hair. I am nearly without words on this. Is it a mullet? Is it a mullet gone wrong? Is it a mullet...super sized? Is there NOBODY in his bounty hunter camp that loves him enough to pull him aside and say "Uhm... Dog? It's your hair. See....well...MAYBE if we tried a deep conditioning treatment? Perhaps take 2 inches off the back....or 10? Maybe we could get some publicity out of this and turn it into Locks of Love...? I'm just makin' suggestions, Man. You know, now that we're in a bit of a pickle with your image, maybe now's a good time to make a change toward the more clean cut look. Again, just a suggestion. I'm not lookin' for trouble."
You know, something like that. Maybe somebody could be lovingly honest with him about his hair.

So Dog has been deemed important enough to be on all the news casts for nearly a week.
I believe anybody can change and I will be hoping for that. And I am certain the news will be covering those changes.

I hope he starts on the inside and works his way out.

4 comments:

Beaner said...

FYI - Dog is a Christian. His pastor was on CNN to talk about the controversy. His pastor is a black man.

We all talk the talk, but it's really hard to walk the walk sometimes.

I think Dog buys stock in AquaNet!

HW said...

Yes, I know he's a Christian and I also have seen his pastor on the news. His Christianity doesn't make his behavior worse; nor does it mitigate it. It is what it is, and I look forward to his change of heart.

Susiewearsthepants said...

I definitely think a haircut MAY be a start in refreshing his image. The scary thing is, after someone is caught saying these things, they apologize, but you have to wonder if they are apologizing because they are sorry, or if they are apologizing to save themselves.

Michele S said...

I tried to find the Gosselin article but it's too old. It was from 2005 in the Reading Eagle, but you have to pay money to get to the archives. Anyway, it was during the whole big stink about them wanting to get the state of Penn to pay for a nurse for an additional year because they felt they deserved the help because they had so many children. It was really something all the things she said about what she felt she deserved when the cameras were off. I also heard that even though she got a free tummy tuck, she wanted the doctor to throw the boobs in for free too. She also posts on the Triplet Connection, but the ONLY times she posts is when she is self-promoting or asking for favors. They are all about cashing in on their fame. Plus, I'm certain she has some serious OCD issues!