Thursday, May 13, 2010

HE MISSED OUT ON THE FASHION JEAN

Yesterday before the softball game I had to tell him "Look. When Kayla and I helped you pick out those jeans, we really thought they were for certain occasions - like dates and stuff. Not sitting on muddy bleachers and doing yard work."



He gave me a look and changed his jeans.



Today I had to tell him "Um...I simply cannot let this continue. You can't go like that. You need to change the shirt or the pants. Something. Let's show Kayla."



Kayla's response? "Ooooh. It's so true." At which point he skulked up the steps to change his pants.



I've had a lot of conversations like this with him over the years and it just doesn't sink in. I usually just let it go but sometimes I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I don't want him leaving the house looking like he got dressed while wearing a blindfold. Because, let's face it. People will blame me. They know who is ultimately in charge of his clothing.



I mean, seriously. How old should a man be before he doesn't need help getting dressed anymore?



Because my husband is 44 and he still has to have our daughter and me guide him, wardrobically* speaking, when he leaves the house.



*****************************************************

*Wardrobically - {ward - ROBE - i - kly} - of or having to do with a wardrobe, the victories and defeats thereof. 'The poor girl had a beautiful face but was wardrobically challenged.'

5 comments:

Kandi said...

I knew about 3 sentences in that you were talking about your husband. I figured your son would know better. haha. (or not care enough to change)
Love the new word.

tims_mom said...

XX is the female chromosome, XY is the male...a Y is just an X missing one of it's legs. That missing leg, causes men to: Not be able to find anything, not hear when being spoken to, not follow directions, not dress fashionably, and a whole list of other "quirks", that drive we women nuts.

HW said...

tims mom -
You are so right. I was just talking with somebody last night about how men can't find anything in the pantry or fridge. If it's behind something else, then it doesn't exist.
In our house you have to have a uterus to locate items.
And to wear matching clothing, I guess.

Paul W said...

Yeah, but I can still parallel park and kill spiders, so nana nana boo boo to all you XX's out there.

Pauley

Clarisse Teagen said...

hahahah so cute.
It's genetics.