Friday, July 13, 2012

BLINK

When that LAST first day of school arrived for my girl in August of 2011, I had a checklist in my mind; at the top of which was "get that homecoming float built." 

I knew, though, that the year would fly by and it certainly did; full of one event after another that reminded me that the clock was ticking away on this chapter. The pages of the calendar turned so quickly this past year.

I am so very very thankful that KaylaBeth embraced her highschool years and squeezed so much joy out of this phase of her life. I'm especially thankful that I was able to enjoy every bit of it with her.  She and her friends have made me laugh more than I ever dreamed possible with teenagers. My cup runs over.

For you younger moms who read this; it really does happen in a blink.  But don't despair, each phase is wonderful and magical.  Just sit back and enjoy the ride. 







Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a free digital slideshow

3 comments:

tims_mom said...

It never fails, your posts bring me to tears. I'm not a younger mom, heck,I'm probably older or about your age, I just happen to have a son that's still in cubscouts. I just hope he can grasp all the fun out of life, that your kids seem to.

HW said...

"Tims Mom," you are so sweet with your comments.

My daughter, especially, fully embraced her high school years. It has been such a joy - beyond joy - watching her in this phase of life. And we have been so fortunate that she has invited us to have a front row seat in this adventure that was high school for her.

I am so excited to see what college brings for her.

Thank you for your kind words.

HW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.