Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A "SINUS" OF THE TIMES

Have ya'll bought cold medicine lately? Well, this cloudy damp weather we've been having lately brings on sinus headaches for me. My nose burns like I've inhaled pool water, I have pressure around my eyes and a nagging headache. Over- the- Counter sinus medicines don't usually take the symptoms away; but they take the edge off.

Just a couple of months ago, when you wanted sinus medicine, you had to pick the card off the shelf that coincided with the product you wanted, then take it to the pharmacist. He/she would then hand you the box and you'd pay for it with the rest of your groceries. Now, you have to stand at the pharmacy counter and show them your license, recite your name and address (which is entered into the computer) and sign something stating that you are purchasing a restricted substance. Then you have to pay for the restricted substance at the pharmacy - separate from the rest of your groceries. It is REALLY hard for me to be patient during this. I AM patient during this process, only because I know it is not the fault of the pharmacist that I have to go through all of this just to ALMOST get relief. I really could say something like "excuse me, but I happen to know that my finger prints are on file with the FBI and I believe if there was going to be a problem, I'd know by now. They have, after all, checked my prints THREE times. So you could just give me my box and let me be on my way to the check out." Of course, if the FBI ever does start that extensive criminal check on me, I wonder if I will be listed as a frequent purchaser of Aleve Sinus relief tablets, and what that will do to my reputation.

You know, if they did all that when you bought Brach's chocolate covered peanuts, a Twix bar, or Little Debbie Fudge Brownies, I might break an addiction of my own.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

LOL!!! I wonder what things I'd be a little more reluctant to buy if I had to sign for them EVERY TIME!!!

You know....they just caught a guy with a meth lab in the trunk of his car! he was inside a Walgreens trying to purchase that junk for his drugs - I guess it works....but it IS a pain in the butt!!!