Friday, August 17, 2007

AH! YOUNG LOVE...

Warning: The following tale is likely to make The Princess lose her royal lunch, but I'm going to share it anyway.

On Thursday evenings, The Don and I watch the new show Mad Men together. I could write a whole post on that show alone; but not now. Last night The Don was sitting on our new basement sofa and I was sitting in one of the recliners while we watched. I got up during a commercial to check out our stock of kids movies for our babysitting gig tonight.
While I was scanning the movie drawer The Don said,

"Why don't you come on over here and make out with me?"

And I, in all my prim and proper modesty said "What did you say?"

And he said "Come on over here and make out with me. We haven't made out on our new sofa."

So we did. THAAAAT'S RIIIIGHT! Twenty years of marriage and we still neck on the couch like a couple of teenagers. Sometimes just to make our kids mad. They HATE it. HATE. IT.

So while we were snuggling I said to The Don "It's a huge relief not to be going back to work next week. Thank you for supporting me in my decision. And now that I'm going to be home full time again, I'm going to work extra hard on being the best housewife possible."

And he kissed my forehead and said "You already are."

Is it any wonder that I often find myself thinking "I'm the luckiest woman in the world."?

4 comments:

Paul W said...

I'm blushing......




Can we make out on the couch again tonight?

Susiewearsthepants said...

me too!! I think I need a basement....and a couch....mmmm and a husband :)

The Amazing Trips said...

Woo-Hoo!!! Glad to hear the love is alive in your marriage!!!

The last paragraph from your post "On The Road Again" has me in tears. It also has my husband a little concerned. I'm telling him that THIS is why we need to have MORE AND MORE children. I don't want the road to ever end...!!!

Beaner said...

Tee Hee!!! Kissing in front of the kids is GOOD for them! In fact, it's part of your responsiblility to teach your kids about affection in marriage. Next time they catch you snogging on the couch whilst watching the tele (spelling?) you can tell them that you're just teaching them how to be a good wife/husband.

(I can throw out Britishisms too!!!)