Wednesday, July 08, 2009

HELPING HAND

I was recently reminded of this picture:

Please excuse the unfortunate purple outfit on Blake. He was two and his grandma bought it for him. But notice how the purple saw matches his clothes. It is the closest Blake has ever come to accessorizing.

Isn't it amazing how quickly we move from this:


The phase of "Daddy, can I help?"

To this: "Son, I need your help."

You blink your eyes and suddenly they can carry their weight,


Hold their own,


Reach higher than we expected.
Please excuse the unfortunate outfit on Blake. He's eighteen and there's not a thing I can do about it. But notice his marine haircut. He found a barber (a retired soldier) in town who would give him a "High & Tight." And he charged him a mere five dollars.
For that price I fully expect Paul to be sporting the High & Tight any day now.





2 comments:

Obi-Mom Kenobi said...

Well, you can rest easy knowing that the military will be dressing him from now on. Everything matches camo, right? :-)

PS - I'm a sucker for guys sporting the High & Tight. Excellent choice.

Susiewearsthepants said...

Love the new haircut. I have always been a sucker for a short haircut on guys. That blue and black.....most unfortunate. Oh well, he is going to fight for his country so he must be forgiven.