Tuesday, March 09, 2010

GIVING CREDIT

Nobody says it better than Antique Mommy.


The fact of the matter is that for some time now, I’ve been feeling like Forrest Gump in that scene where he is jogging down the highway out in the desert with all those people following him and he just stops. He’s been running hard for five years and one day, he just stops. He doesn’t really know why. It just seems right. He turns and tells all the people that he’s tired now and he’s going home.

That’s sort of how I’ve been feeling about blogging lately, just sort of called away, feeling like it’s time to slow down, be quiet, do something else, invest elsewhere. I don’t plan to stop completely, I don’t think so anyway, but I’m going to take away some of the time and energy I give to this blog and invest it in my photography and elsewhere. Is that called balance? I don’t know.
**************************************
Not that I have a photography hobby but there are other things going on, other places I need to spend my time. Plus, I just can't get any thoughts to meld together into anything blog-worthy.

Perhaps now that I've used Antique Mommy's words (and she certainly has some of the best words I've ever read) - my mind will be jumpstarted.

Perhaps not.

5 comments:

NinjaPrincess said...

I'm hoping you find your blogging groove again soon :)

Beaner said...

I blogged hard-core for a few years, slowed down & then just stopped. It served a purpose in my life when I was questioning & hurting & needed to spew my words to anyone or no one who would listen.
However.....I really enjoy your blog & it moves me & gets me thinking (and crying 1/2 the time!) I hope you don't stop blogging, but I understand the moving on part too!

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

Your blog makes me laugh. I have enjoyed reading it. But, I do understand. I sometimes have a hard time keeping up with my own blog. I think my sister has given up on her boys blog. In my opinion, she does too much facebooking.
Thank you for all your updates. Hopefully, there will be more to come.
Megan

Roxanne said...

You have a bunch going on, no doubt. . .just stop by to keep us updated when you can, because when you DO have something to say, I always enjoy reading it and leave feeling better for visiting.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Thanks for the comment. I just became a follower of your blog after reading for the last hour. It is so obvious how very much you love your kids....I LOVE that!