Tuesday, January 18, 2011

STUFF

Both of my kids have been asking me when the next blog post will appear.

Blake has reminded me that he finds most interesting those posts that are about him.

Kayla has not been so self centered.

The only thing going on in my life lately has been my being sick. Sick sick sick sick sick. I'm still kind of sick. But that is not a journey you want to go on with me as it is a whiney one, so I'm just going to record here on this blog, what is going on in our life right now.



*We get to start shopping for a prom dress soon. I don't know that my heart is going to hold up very well seeing my girl in a princess dress. I held myself together very well when I saw her brother in his Dress Blues for the first time (okay I had to do a little deep breathing because Marines don't handle tears well - not well AT ALL) but my girl in a ball gown? I'm expecting to lose my dignity a little bit. I am not ashamed.



*Our Marine will be buying his first car in April, as soon as he finishes his school. This, of course is assuming he gets a stateside duty station. *Fingers Crossed* that he gets his first choice of assignments.

*Our kids are lucky. They have a financial adviser built into their support system which is quite helpful when a young man is buying his first car; however, when a young woman gets to buy her first formal gown, we might choose to ignore the sage advice of our money man. I mean he doesn't need to be bothered with such frivolity, does he?

*Has anybody seen our John Adams DVD set? I've been wanting to watch it again through the winter and WE CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE....

*We are participating in a Trivia Night fundraiser this weekend to raise money for the post prom party. Well, Paul is participating in the Trivia Night fundraiser. I'm on snack detail. Paul has a useless head full of knowledge (or is it a head full of useless knowledge?) while I know a lot about snacking so we will both be serving in areas of strength.

*I wish I could think of something to say about Blake so he'll like this post.

*I wonder if he's aware that Kayla is my favorite...

*My kids need to learn to leave comments on my blog.

*Did I mention I've been sick? REALLY SICK. Like so sick I soon stopped fearing I'd die and began to fear I would NOT die.

*I'm starting to feel better. Thanks.

*Oh!! Blake got a tattoo. Um....yeah. Not a fan of tattoos but he's a grown up now. A gold star for the person who can tell me what he got and where. It's the one time in my mothering career I did not feel sorry for my baby boy when he told me something hurt really bad.

*Did I mention Kayla is my favorite?

*My kids love my sense of humor.

*I think I'm going to make pineapple muffins today. New recipe you know.

*Oh!! We offered to take Kayla to New York City for Spring Break. She said she'd get back to us.....

*I look forward to 3 each afternoon when I can see my girl after school. She usually pencils me in for about 32 minutes after school before other commitments call her away.

*I look forward to 2 each afternoon when my boy calls on his lunch break to tell me hey. Last week he told me he was willing to bring me onto his financial team if I'd make insurance calls for him. I told him I'd get back to him....

*I'm drinking a cup of coffee for the first time in ten days.

Did I tell you I've been sick?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good post. I haven't been sick, so I enjoyed living vicariously through you. :)

Feel better!

Roxanne said...

The Eagle, Globe, and Anchor on his left bicep. And it might possibly say something Semper Fi-ish?

If I get it right will you take me to New York, help me buy a car, and bake me pineapple muffins? I do not care, however, to partake of your illness.

I, TOO, am glad you are back. I know I am your favorite Harding alum blog reader if not your favorite child.

HW said...

Roxanne,
Sorry - you are wrong about the tattoo on all counts. I will say that Marines are not allowed to have a tattoo that shows outside of even their PT wear (shorts and t-shirt).

I am thrilled though that YOU would go to NYC with us. We could go and swap HU chapel stories while we do lunch.....

How is your husband feeling?

Roxanne said...

So my next guess is "Mom" on his shoulder.

Hubs is fine. . .a scar like a smiley face under his belly button. And no baby to show for it!

Zsuzsanna said...

Ha, I totally love your humor! There is some sort of nasty bug going around everywhere this year. Hope you are feeling better.