Wednesday, June 14, 2006

DECISIONS, DECISIONS...

Ever think about the choices we have at the grocery store today.
Blake had eaten some ice cream at a friend's house and wanted me to look for it at the grocery store - birthday cake ice cream. Evidently it is pieces of cake blended into the ice cream. Couldn't find it. So I decided to try to get something else he might like. That's when the pressure began. Now when I was a kid, our ice cream choices were: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, or "the kind with all 3 flavors" (Neopolitan) or orange sherbet for my mom.
Now, I find myself reading labels like: mocha almond fudge, peanut butter chocolate, bunny tracks, moose tracks, coffee, chunky monkey, chubby hubby, cookies -n- cream, cookie dough, strawberry cheesecake, girl scout cookie flavors, candy bar flavors.....

The same is true of soda. First, when I was a kid everything was a coke. If you ordered an orange crush, you still said you had gone out for a coke. Anyway, the soda choices were: Pepsi, 7up, root beer or orange crush. Oh and fresca for my dad. Real Women drank Tab, I guess. Now, when I buy soda, or cokes, (which is not real often) and I think the kids might like something different, I see: caffeine free diet pepsi (the same for coke) cherry pepsi, coke with lime, Coke Black, diet cherry vanilla dr. Pepper, orange mt. dew, red mt. dew, rasberry diet rite, white grape diet rite, red 7up.....and the pressure is horrible. So I go home with a case of diet pepsi and a case of mt. dew.

When is enough enough?

No comments: