Friday, June 02, 2006

IT'S IN THE BAG

Did I tell ya'll about the mother's day gift I got from Paul (well, the kids too)?
It's a beautiful red leather purse. From Herrod's. Of London. I love red accessories and he did REALLY GOOD with this.
When he first started traveling to London, I asked for just a little something from Herrod's - so I could have the Herrod's sack and say "oh, this is from Herrod's." He has brought me a coin purse and a bracelet. He doesn't bring me something everytime. As much as he travels, it would be just too expensive for gifts from every trip. But anyway, after this purse, he will not need to bring me anything for quite a while. Unless of course he REALLY wants to.
The purse is so cool. The strap fits on five different ways so you can carry it however you want. And I really like it.
The only thing is; I'm afraid he has (stealing a line from the movie "Toro, Toro, Toro") "awakened a sleeping giant". I love purses. Handbags. Pocketbooks. Whatever you or your grandma want to call them. Tote bags. Book bags.
I now keep noticing other beautiful purses. Handbags. Pocketbooks. And I have WAY TOO MANY. I have been teased mercilessly for the usually large purses I carry. But the teasing stops right quick when I pull something out of there that somebody needs. Tylenol, hand gel, tampon, kleenex, BABY tylenol. Uh huh. Who's laughing now, miss Barbie purse?
So, I saw a really pretty bag today that was 60% off. SIXTY PERCENT. I thought it would be perfect for the pool. But. I hate the pool. Or more specifically I hate to sweat. That is why I have been jumping for joy that Kayla is now old enough to be dropped off at the pool without me and I don't have to sit by the pool all day this summer. So I did not get the bag. Nor did I try to think of other uses for the bag. I simply left the handbag deparment and went to the shoes. Where I bought red sandals to match that great red purse. From Herrods. Of London.

2 comments:

Paul W said...

"awakened a sleeping giant"......HA!! That giant I do believe has been awake for at least 15 years. You had me though....as I was reading toward the end, saying you didn't buy the beloved bag.....but, then the shoes...which is a whole other blog!

(p.s. I really don't mind though....it is one of my life's pleasures to every once in a awhile treat you to a suprise!)

Love you.....

Beaner said...

I have the SAME obsession with bags! I don't care if it's a purse, tote bag, backpack, etc....I am addicted & I NEVER seem to have the right one! Sigh! I just bought a little tote bag at Target that was in the DOLLAR bin! Did I need it? NO! But...it...was...1...dollar!

I have a teddy bear from Harrod's that my parents bought for me when they went to London.