Thursday, November 13, 2008

WORDS THAT MELT MY HEART

Last night, as Blake and I were discussing his desire to serve in the military, the conversation naturally took many different turns.

At one point - I don't even know when it happened, or how - my son said

"You have to admit, Mom, that there are a few things where I'm smarter than you and dad.."

"Um...first, Blake, I don't have to admit any such thing. Second, I think what you mean to say is that your opinions on many things differ from ours..."

"Yeah, okay, but I will say this. I am SO GLAD I don't have ignorant parents. If I had ignorant parents, I don't know how I'd make it through this life."

Aw, gee. Thanks, son.

I think.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

I can't wait to have adult, intellectual conversations with my kids! Of course, my 2nd grader already wants me to admit that she knows more than me, but there is NO WAY that is going to happen.....yet. With the stuff these kids are learning in school, it won't be long before she actually DOES know more than me!!!

Photo Mommy said...

*giggle*
At 16 and 17 I thought I was VERY knowledgable and didn't think my mom could relate to much.
5 years of continually greeting the "real world" made me BEGIN to think otherwise.
At 28, I've comes to terms with the fact that we are ALWAYS learning, changing, and evolving....and now call my mom for advice haha!