Tuesday, October 06, 2009

HOMECOMING

After the float had been floated, the concessions had been concessioned, and the game and been won, it was time to put all of our efforts into the dance the following evening.

So Saturday evening, my heart got all dressed up and took itself to the festivities.
Separately of course. This was as close as the two W offspring were going to get to spending their evening together. You know, I think I'm objective when I say this; I haven't done a lot of remarkable things in my life but I sure did make me some pretty babies.

The W girls:
Kayla's dress came from London and I think she did a wonderful job choosing her hair-do to go with it. It was a side pony tail with lots of curls and she put a silk flower in it. Nice and simple.

Cousin Maddy spent the weekend with us and went to the dance with Kayla and her friends. Next week, Kayla is going to Maddy's dance. These girls obviously hate each other. See how unhappy they look. They are miserable like that every time they get together.

Since the weather was so terrible, we decided to turn the W house into a clown car and see just how many sophomores (and a couple freshmen I think) we could fit into our family room for photos.
FOURTEEN!! With room for a few more. It was a very sparkly gathering.


Me and my boy:
Notice his huge smile. No really, that's a huge smile for Blake. But I know he loves is mama.


After the sophomores left for dinner we rotated the seniors in. Blake and his friend Connor brought their dates to the house for some quick photos. Connor's Marine ship date is June 21, while Blake's is May 24. The really neat thing about these two big tough future marines - one swimmer and one wrestler.....

...is that they went to the dance wearing pink and purple.
Because that's what their dates told them to wear and they are no dummies.

Blake and his sweet date Mackenzie.

Well, there they are again in front of the fireplace.

Beauties and the Beasts: Connor and Jenna; Blake and Mackenzie.


I have a couple more great photos to post but I have to first steal them from a couple of different facebook pages.
And I need Kayla to help me do that.
*Legal note: There is a slight possibility that this post may disappear within 24-48 hours because I have absolutely NO permission from the parents of any of the above pictured minors to post their photos on this blog. And since I have seven (yes, SEVEN!!!) followers and a few closet readers (those who don't want to admit they read it) this could turn into quite an ugly legal battle. If I do happen to receive a cease and desist order, I'm going straight to Nancy Grace so you'll just have to tune in to see what happens.








4 comments:

Beaner said...

I love Kayla's dress. Love. It.

Roxanne said...

Just lovely.

Kandi said...

Kayla's dress is fabulous!

ETHAN said...

You did make some beautiful babies! Great pics, Heidi! Hope all is well. Miss you....