Thursday, October 01, 2009

RESCUE

Edited to add: Well, I've been called out on a terrible mistake in this post. Apparently, today was simply WACKY TACKY day at school - not WACKY TACKY SUPER HERO DAY. It was my daughter's idea to put on a cape and become a super hero for the day. The good news is, she rescued my weary heart. The bad news is that my daughter actually has a pink super hero cape in her wardrobe. I've yet to decide if I should worry about just how far her love of accessorizing has taken her.


It's been a bad ten days here at the House of W.

Because of things that are too private for this blog, there are some heavy hearts around here.

But life goes on and we strive to enjoy the here and now while picking up the pieces from "before" and looking forward to the peace that comes with "after."

And since this is homecoming week for us, there are many distractions like float building and dance preparations.

Since every day this week has had a theme at school, and since today was WACKY TACKY SUPER HERO day, this super hero swooped in this morning and picked my heart up off the floor:

Seriously, wouldn't your heart feel just a little lighter if YOU had given birth to this super hero?

And while we're on the subject, what shall we call her?

3 comments:

tims_mom said...

I christen her "Pinky Dinky Doo" (which is really a character on Nick Jr). I find the likeness, scarily uncanny! LOL

Nancy

((HUGS)) on the sadness in your house, we've had a rough couple weeks here too.

Roxanne said...

I will name her with the title of one of my favorite Super Chic songs, "One Girl Revolution."

Roxanne said...

And I'm thinkin' I need me one of them pink capes!!!!!