Wednesday, January 17, 2007

NOW, THAT'S JUST CRAZY...

I am a Republican. Not an Ann Coulter type Republican, but just your ordinary sort. Although there are things I disagree with regarding our current president, I voted for him and I will probably vote Republican in the next election. Although, truth be told, I vote basically on one issue. I vote Pro-Life. Period. But I do not wish this to be a discussion on political views and opinions that will cause arguments. I truly believe politics is a hot topic that is best left alone with most people, as I found out one Thanksgiving when I made an off hand comment about our previous president (whose last name is the same as my brother's first name). I didn't say anything hateful, just something like "I didn't vote for him.." But my cousin's husband nearly leaped over the pumpkin pie to defend said president and enter a heated debate with me. No thanks. I just moved on.
Anyway, as a Republican, I was just appalled at a comment I heard on the radio today on my way home from work. Somebody called in and said, based on the "Left Behind" book series, they believe Barak Obama is the Anti-Christ. Does that book really indicate that the Anti-Christ will come from an African country??? Maybe I misunderstood. But this woman was pretty clear in her opinion. I actually said, to my empty van "OH, COME ON!!!!" I think we have gone a little too far when we start calling members of the opposing party the Anti-Christ.
And here's the depressing part. This is only January of '07. We get to enjoy all of this until November of '08. UGH!!

************************************************************************************

And now a question for you.

If you had...say...$80,000 to $100,000 in an account at a certain financial institution, would you take the time to contact said financial institution to let them know of your new address so that you could receive statements and updates on all that money? I believe I would. I have spent the last couple of months trying to track down several account holders who have evidently moved and not bothered to let us know where they are. This is just crazy to me, regardless of the size of the account. I am thinking of suggesting a policy that states: If a client moves and fails to let the institution know, then said institution will try for 90 days to find client. After that time, the money will be awarded to the Low Man on the Totem Pole who has spent that 90 day period searching for said client. Finders Keepers.

3 comments:

Beaner said...

Well, I guess I'll be voting for the anti-Christ then - cool! But wait...didn't someone (Chavez) call Bush the devil? Hmmm....I'll just leave it at that.

It amazes me what people leave behind at banks, etc. I was in charge of Safety Deposit Boxes - you'd think people would just tell someone they had one in case they died.

Beaner said...

OOPS - I missed a sentence - that should read: Hmm...how can Obama & Bush BOTH be the devil?

Jennifer said...

HW- That is crazy!
Thanks for backing me up over on my blog re: favoritism. I must admt the comment really stung. I don't tell as many stories about Parker because he is just the cool cat in the background doing his own thing. After stweing all morning, overanalyzing everything about my parenting I have decided to LET IT GO. I really appreciate your encouraging commnet.