Friday, February 02, 2007

I LOVE THIS...

From GRACE FOR THE MOMENT by Max Lucado - today's thought:

Holiness Among Us -

God became a baby. He entered a world...of problems and heartaches.

"The Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness." John 1:14 NLT.

The operative word of the verse is "among." He lived among us. He donned the costliest of robes: a human body. He made a throne out of a manger and a royal court out of some cows. He took a common name - Jesus - and made it holy. He took common people and made them the same. He could have lived over us or away from us. But he didn't. He lived among us.

He became a friend of the sinner and brother of the poor.

"Shout and be glad, Jerusalem. I am coming, and I will live among you," says the Lord. Zechariah 2:10.



I love beautiful words. And these are some beautiful words.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

I hope you had a nice Birthday yesterday!!!