Sunday, February 11, 2007

MORE OF THAT WOOLARD MATH

Yesterday at 5ish, I left the house with 3 kids to go to target - Blake, Kayla, and Cubby. When I returned at 6:30ish, I had 5 kids. There are still 5 kids in my house. Please be sure to show your work when coming up with the answer to this math problem.

I think it happened something like this.
Blake had money to spend which never lasts for long, and I had things to get at Target so it worked out for us all to go to Target. The boys (I am always saying "the boys" even though I gave birth to only ONE) spent an hour in electronics, and Kayla and I got a few grocery items and then browsed in the essential aisles - purses, shoes, makeup...
Blake and I got a Starbucks. Kayla and Cubby got an Icee.
After THE BOYS loaded the van with all of our stuff. I heard Blake say, "Cubby get in the way back." "uh, Blake why are you getting in the way back" "Because we're picking up Cody and Ryan." "Wait, what? I didn't know that." "I told you, Mom" "No you didn't, Blake." "Well, can Cody and Ryan come over too?" "Sure, but you didn't tell me." "Sorry."
The truth is I don't care how many boys come over. At this age, it is very easy to have 4, 5, 10 boys over. They play video games and eat. They are polite and funny. They make an admirable attempt at cleaning up their messes.
The same goes for Kayla's friends. I love for this house to be full of kids.
Last night was a little tricky because I wasn't expecting FOUR teenage boys to be eating. I was expecting TWO. That is the difference between two armies or 4. I cooked up a really big bag of barbecue wings and put out some chips, dip, cookies...
Before I called the boys down, I told Kayla to get her plate and fill it. We all know what happens when the boys start eating....Then the boys came down. All but Blake. I looked at the pan at one point and saw 3 itty bitty wings left. I laughed and said "what, no wings for Blake?" One boy said "ooops". One boy didn't answer because his mouth was full of wings. And one boy said "He had his chance." Blake came down 30 minutes later and ate waffles.
So before we went to bed last night, I told Paul that with Cubby, Ryan and Cody here along with Blake, I felt pretty well looked after because we had 3 football players, 2 wrestlers, and 2 basketball players in the house to do the heavy lifting. You do the math. And again, please show your work.

No comments: