Monday, June 18, 2007

THE ROTATION METHOD

My husband and I have stumbled upon a new parenting technique. I've chosen to call it the Rotation Method. Here's how you do it. You have one child leave for an extended period of time, and then just as he/she is coming home, you send the other child off for an extended period of time; thus rotating the children in and out at various intervals so that you are essentially raising one child at a time rather than the two you gave birth to.
Here's the thing. I don't like it.

Ten days after school was out, Kayla left for Washington D.C. with a school group. She was gone for 4 days. She came home for 2 days and then spent a full week away at church camp. On the morning we were to pick her up from camp, Blake left bright and early for wrestling camp with his team at the University of Wisconsin. He will be gone 4 days.
I have felt nervous and jittery all weekend. I am ready for both of my children to be home and for our family to return to some state of normalcy.

Also, when people ask us about our vacation plans for the summer we get to say "Our kids both got to take wonderful trips."

There's something wrong with this picture.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

Just catching up with you! So....maybe you pulled the left side of your body when you were making room in your closet for the new shoes??? You must own a LOT of shoes!!!

The Rotation Method sounds like a new diet plan - I'd be sick with worry the whole time they were gone & probably wouldn't eat much.