Tuesday, January 15, 2008

NOW THAT'S OFFENSIVE...

So I just got a Lane Bryant catalog in the mail. I don't know why. I've never shopped at Lane Bryant. I do not wear the sizes that Lane Bryant offers. But there it was in the pile of mail.

Even though I don't wear their sizes, I looked through it because I like to look at any clothes.

I mean it was kind of like a mini shopping trip in my kitchen.

And that is when I became offended.

Lane Bryant is a store for plus size women. And from what I can tell in their catalog, they have some pretty clothes. Funny thing is - none of the models in the catalog were plus size models.
Seriously I don't think any of these women wore above a size 10. And I don't think that's plus size. In fact, it's probably small compared to the average American woman.

So why, in the name of all that is relaxed fit and stretchy, would Lane Bryant choose to put these obviously- not- plus- size- women in their catalog for plus size clothing?

Do NOT EVEN TRY to tell me there are not women out there beautiful enough to model for this catalog and TRULY wear their clothes. There are many, many, many beautiful women who are plus size who should have the opportunity to model the clothes this catalog offers.

Shame on you Lane Bryant. And shame on you models who took a job away from the women who truly deserve to model for this catalog.

I am tempted to track you all down and force feed you chocolate.

2 comments:

Susiewearsthepants said...

The average American woman is currently a size 14. I agree with you....shame!

Lorien Clark said...

I bet you got the catalog that isn't really like what the have in stores. The LB catalog has lots of "old lady" clothes you would never find in the store and the don't use plus size models. All the advertisments for the stores use plus size girls. I don't think the two are affiliated anymore.
I know that doesn't help the matter, but I just wanted to share what I know, or think I know.