Sunday, January 27, 2008

THE CONFESSION

I have been living a lie.

An e-lie if you will.

There is something I have been keeping from the blog world that I finally must confess to you.

So far I have just been too ashamed and embarrassed to put forth the ugly truth about myself. I fear abandonment (by all 4 of you) I fear social isolation (e-social isolation? social e-isolation?) I fear finger pointing and snickering.

But, in order to have inner peace, I must let you know this awful truth about myself.

I do not know how to blog.

There. I said it. It's true. I'm a blog phony. A big fat blog liar. A bliar?

Oh, I can put the words to paper, so to speak; and some even say I have a way with words. But that is all I know how to do. Get the words out there. But there are so many other things I can't do.

I can't post photos. Ok, I did it once but it took me FOREVER. And the entire time I was doing it, I kept thinking there had to be a better way. Surely the bloggers who post photos on a daily basis do not go through this daily - with mulitple photos. I know I need to invest the time into really looking and studying and learning this stuff, and soon it will be second nature. But I am impatient and old and set in my ways, and I just don't have the energy to tax myself that way.

I can't link to other blogs or websites. I have looked in the "help" section of blogger and the only thing that accomplished was making my eye twitch. Again, I know this will just require a little bit of time on my part, and the end result will be worth it. Think of the wealth of information that I can open up to you, my readers, when I learn how to link. You lucky people you.

I can't seem to lure commenters onto my blog. Probably because of the other things I can't do. I know this doesn't really matter, because this blog is mainly for my children - a legacy. But still it's nice to know you're not speaking to a brick wall. My own husband doesn't even comment, which shouldn't surprise me, because when he travels, his e-mails home are never more than five words "arrived fine will call later" A man of few words - in person and on the keyboard.

I'm sure if I could post photos my comments might increase. Then again, I don't have small children, and those are the photos people love. My children are teenagers and, even though my 16-year old son runs from a camera, I think they're gorgeous. But most people don't look at pictures of teenagers and send comments like "so cute!" or "can't wait til mine can do that?" I don't have cows or mustangs. My husband is not a cowboy. I don't have triplets. Or a new baby.

But I still want to post photos. Mainly for that legacy thing.

In light of all this, I want to confide in you about someting else.

I'm thinking of breaking up with Blogger. Please don't tell yet. Blogger is just too complicated. I won't go into the details, but we've been having problems for a long time. Blogger's been good to me, in some ways, but I think the end is near. Out of respect for Blogger and our time together I will let Blogger know first the reasons for our breakup. I have been composing the letter in my head for a while. I know I need to let Blogger down gently, but I also know it must be a clean, swift breakup. And I don't really want to leave Blogger until I have someone else lined up. I am a girl who needs a word companion. I know that is weak. But I have to have somebody waiting in the wings before I break off this relationship. I just hope I don't have to get a restraining order.

There. It's all out. Judge me if you will. Now I am going back to bed and regret clicking on "Publish Post."

6 comments:

Beaner said...

Come into the light Heidi - WordPress is calling you!!!

However, I still have trouble posting pictures, but i did figure out how to use some of the features, which are easier than on Blogger.

Susiewearsthepants said...

I don't think the picture thing is your fault. Sometimes Blogger is REALLY slow. I count myself as one of the faithful four, so if you must go....please leave a forwarding address. I am a faithful "I'm Just Sayin'" blog reader. Also, I KNOW most of my blog readers are family members, yet NONE of them ever leave me a comment. I get more comments from you than I do from them! Shameful I tell you, shameful.

Paul W said...

1. I'm almost sure you have called me Cowboy at least once in the heat of romance (but I still don't want my picture on your blog).

2. What She isn't Sayin' is that I did hi-jack her blog about 6 months ago and converted it all to wordpress. Only problem was I didn't ask before I did it. I know I read her mind that she didn't like Blogger and wanted to change, but the words weren't exactly spoken. Alas, 6 months later.....

Whew....I'm worn out. That's several months worth of commentary from me.

Love you,

Pauley / "The Don"

HW said...

I am at a loss for words in how to apologize for my husband's poor attempt at (raunchy) humor. Please, dear readers, don't hold it against me. I've tried and tried and tried but alas...well, you know...

NinjaPrincess said...

Paul!

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!


________

I do read faithfully, but I rarely comment on anyone's blog. Sorry :(

Paul W said...

Raunchy....I'm not sure what you were thinking of, I was only thinking of a hug and kiss when I get home at the end of a long hard day adding up numbers and talking on the phone.

(and reading CNN, WSJ, etc., etc., etc.)

Pauley