Monday, April 06, 2009

SOMETHING JUST ISN'T RIGHT...

Since it is the first day of Spring Break, Kayla and I decided to grab our sunglasses and shorts, slather on a little sunscreen and sit on the patio to enjoy the GLORIOUS spring weather:






Bwahahahahahahaha. Oh my, I crack myself up.


In reality, we bundled up in our winter clothes - Kayla even had to put on SOCKS and leave her flip flops in the closet - and went to Wal-Mart, where we bought the newest copies of People and In Touch Weekly, and a couple of spring tops and dresses (not that we can wear them any time soon). Then we picked up some Chinese food and brought it home so we could catch up on all the celebrity gossip as we ate lunch.

I have baked a batch of cookies and am getting ready to start a pot of chili.

You know. Those things you do when you're stuck inside on a cold winter day and there is snow on the ground.

In April.

Thankfully softball practice was cancelled today but the coach said to dress warm tomorrow.

As for me, I can't decide if I should wear shorts or capris...

4 comments:

Beaner said...

Thankfully, Jess' soccer game was cancelled tonight! This just isn't RIGHT. I'm glad you & Kayla had fun anyway!!!

tims_mom said...

Same here in Michigan. So much for "fun outdoor activities" while on Spring Break, though the snowball fight and making snowmen was fun....just not for April.

Nancy

Kandi said...

Ack! Snow! Two years ago at Easter, my family went to visit my brother at the beach. It snowed. In April. At the BEACH! Crazy. It's cold here but I think the snow is supposed to stay North/West of us. Thank goodness!

Susiewearsthepants said...

We even spit out a few snowflakes here in TN. Unbelievable. I have yet to be able to wear any of the stuff I bought.