Saturday, August 15, 2009

DAY TWO - PART TWO - LONDON - JULY 25

After browsing in the local shops for a while, I looked across the street and saw my heart standing there:

Hey kids!

Then we came upon this little courtyard that was apparently all about art and self expression. I thought this camera looked really neat so I said "Hey Kayla let's see if that camera actually has pictures in it. What cool modern art."

Big mistake. Because I looked into that big lens there and BWING! my eyes popped out of my head. Oh dear! I had just invited my 15 year old daughter to view a little film that should have been rated NC 17 at the very least.

Well, I never! What kind of place is this?

Looking around, I got a little bit of an idea when I saw this:I think I may have burned my retinas. I skedaddled right out of there with my young daughter. But not, of course, before taking a picture for the blog.

There is no price I will not pay for this blog, you know.

(I wonder if the preacher is reading THIS entry.)




I like to call this shot: PRECIOUS...UNIVERSAL.

Because, really, is there anything sweeter than baby feet?



This courtyard was full of buildings like The Royal Society of Chemistry, The Royal Society of Art, The Royal Society of Accountancy. Blake was royally impressed by all of it.




We decided to go into the Sherlock Holmes Museum which was especially exciting because none of us has ever read a Sherlock Holmes Mystery. It was at this museum that Kayla met a couple of British Guys that just might have some potential. It was hard for her to decide which one she liked more because one was schizophrenic:





While the other was just slightly psychotic:




Blake was a little concerned when he read this proclamation: THE RED HEADED LEAGUE IS DISBANDED.


We had no idea what it meant but I think he slept with one eye open that night.



We decided to carry fast food back to the flat and have an easy dinner. So- God Bless America:
We found a McDonald's. Yes, the Big Mac was mine. But please know I only ordered it to compare a British Big Mac to an American Big Mac. Really. I only ate it for scientific research purposes. And boy was it the most delicious research I've ever done.


The next day was to be museum day - the best decision we made on our trip and the worst decision we made on our trip...







No comments: