Wednesday, August 26, 2009

HIS LAST FIRST

The kids started school yesterday, so naturally I made them stop in the driveway for a first-day-of-school snapshot.

Since it is Blake's senior year, he decided to dress up for the occasion:
Yes, this is Blake's last first-day-of-school photo.

Funny, I don't think it's the last time my heart will fall to my knees....


But enough of that.

You kids go on now...

Don't worry about your mama sitting here sobbing about her babies growing up...

No, really. I'll be fine. You go on and have fun.


Seriously, don't give me a second thought, you crazy kids.


OKAY, STOP! Please just one more photo!
And don't forget your seat belts.




2 comments:

tims_mom said...

One more milestone, one more photo.

The next time he critiques something you or your husband wears, remind him of how he wore black socks with shorts, on his last first day of school! LOL

But then again, maybe not, I sure wouldn't want to mess with a wrestling marine! :-)

HW said...

tims mom-
usually Blake has no comment about our clothes; HOWEVER, yesterday he told his dad that his shoes were all wrong with the suit he was wearing. Today he approved Dad's shoes as he walked out the door.I wonder what's up with that...
I was certain his outfit today meant he was gunning for "Best Dressed Boy" at the end of the year. No?