Wednesday, April 26, 2006

IS THAT PIZZA I SMELL...?

I bought a new comforter set for my bedroom a couple months ago. My quilt was tearing in some spots and it was a long search to find a new set to match my tomato red walls. But I finally found it and I love it. So you'd think I'd be more careful.....

Yesterday was a typical day. Come home from work. Change clothes. Spend 30 minutes cleaning etc. Welcome kids home from school. Then GO!!! It's constant driving back and forth to practices, weight lifting carpool, dropping off at a friend's house that's too far to walk to. Constant answering of the phone to take messages for my busy children (the same thing I do at work, by the way) Constant answering the door to greet visiting friends.

But yesterday Paul was coming home late from a trip to Chicago and I decided that cooking dinner did not sound appealing to me AT ALL. So I pulled out leftover pizza from Sunday night. I even was so mean as to set paper plates on the counter and yell "pizza's done!!" and take mine upstairs to my bedroom where I sat on the bed and watched the news and ate a slice. Halfway through, the phone rang and it was a mom looking for her son...So I get up to go question Blake and when I come back... I can't find my pizza!! Turns out it was under my new throw pillow, which had fallen on it when I got up from the bed. So last night I pulled the covers back and smelled pizza. This morning I made the bed and smelled pizza. It actually is quite a pleasant aroma, but for the bedroom...? I have either hit upon a new romance builder or will be attracting raccoons in the near future. So I am going to try to Febreze it.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

So the real question is : Did you have any strange dreams because of sleeping with Pizza-smell on your pillow?

Chris said...

only if it had anchovies...lol