Tuesday, August 08, 2006

WHO'S HERE...?

Have you stepped outside. It feels wonderful. It is only 81 degrees here at 4:51 pm. That is much better than the 97 it was about 10 days ago. It is a little overcast and breezy. It gives me hope for fall. I LOVE FALL.

And speaking of fall...Paul went to the "all sports parents meeting" at the high school last night. He came home and said "It's going to be an expensive week." Meaning: we register the kids tomorrow and we all know how painful that is. Plus he was wearing a new ballcap sold by the football boosters. It is really unlike Paul to buy something like that so I was impressed. He said he didn't know what to pick out for me but that there would be stuff at registration. I think that was a suggestion to buy myself some spiritwear. Afterall, it is our son's first highschool sport.

And speaking of our son....I was sleeping - yes sleeping just a while ago. Because I had a sinus headache AND my stomach was bothering me, that's why.
Anyway, he came in and said "we're home." Meaning him and Taylor and Ryan. And then he said "Oh, Sarah's here too." "Wait a minute, Blake, who is Sarah?" I ask, hoping he means Ryan's sister. "She's Taylor's girlfriend." Well, nothing gets a mom out of bed quicker than hearing that a teenage boy has a girlfriend in the house. So I change out of my ratty shorts and t-shirt and stumble into my favorite capris, comb my hair and trudge downstairs. I hear 3 teenage males and one female in the basement. And the ping-pong, ping-pong of....the ping pong table. So I think things are safe for the moment. I am fairly confident leaving Blake and his buddies unattended in the house. Well, there was the time that the other parents in the bleachers at the softball game heard me yell into my cell phone "DON'T YOU DARE LIGHT A FIRE IN THAT FIREPLACE!" But usually things are pretty safe. But I am NOT fairly confident leaving Blake and his buddies and one or more girls in the house, even if I am just 2 floors away.

And speaking of girls. In a moment of insanity, I agreed to let Kayla have a back-to-school cookout. She addressed her invitations today. 26 invitations. That means 27 potential guests because one is going to twin boys so they are a "two-fer". Paul was silly enough to suggest he might be out of the country that evening. I didn't say a thing. The look I gave him said it all.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

Oh my! The teens are taking over!!!! HA! (I shouldn't be laughing....I'll be there sooner than i think!) Enjoy the BBQ. I think if Paul goes out-of-town for that one, then he better be bringing home a REALLY nice purse! ;)

Paul W said...

Bringing home a really nice purse would clearly be easier to take......I already feel the need for medication and is is still 10 days away!