Tuesday, March 03, 2009

HER MOTHER IS POSSESSED BY A DEMON...

A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. The demons begged Jesus, "Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them." He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned. Mark 5:11-13
********************************************************************************

Kayla stayed home today because she has a headache.

Because I had already planned a trip to the grocery store for this morning, I decided, while I was there, to once again use my vast pharmaceutical and medical knowledge and pick up a couple of things to help her feel better.

A half gallon of vanilla ice cream and the latest issue of Teen Vogue.

On my way home from the grocery store I realized I could also pick up an early lunch for us. So I steered the van into the healing glow of the Golden Arches.

Because we all know there is nothing healthier for our children than an order of Chicken McNuggets.

Along with the nuggets for Kayla, I had every intention of ordering a Southwest salad with grilled chicken for myself. Have you tried it? It's really good - and so tasty you don't even need dressing.

So I ordered a six piece McNugget with sweet and sour sauce...

And then I heard a voice say "and one Big Mac, please."

Wait. What?

I looked all around my van to see who was leaning over my shoulder to hi-jack my healthy order; but found nobody.

Clearly I have become possessed by a fast food demon and my only recourse is to throw myself down a steep bank and into one of the many large lakes found in Central Illinois.

3 comments:

Susiewearsthepants said...

I have a special day once a week. It's called, "Crappy Food Friday". On CFF, you can eat anything your little heart desires, even a Big Mac, which I have to say is my choice at least twice a month. Personally I think everyone should have a CFF, or CF Monday, or whatever day floats your boat.

HW said...

Yes, Susiewearsthepants, but the tag in your pants has a much smaller number than the tag in my pants, so I should NOT have had that Big Mac. No, not at all. Besides I should have used the calories on a brownie...

Ms. Judy said...

I really enjoy your writing style.