Monday, March 02, 2009

WHO'S THE LUCKY GIRL...?

In May Paul and I will celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary.

Now, I am not the kind of wife that expects all sorts of wining and dining on our anniversary. I don't expect an expensive vacation or an elaborate gift. I truly love and appreciate simple celebrations, living on the belief that we try to celebrate our marriage every day of the year.

This year, though, we are pulling out all the stops and are in fact leaving town for our anniversary.

We're going back to our little hometown to attend Paul's 25th class reunion.

I know.

How lucky can a girl get?

The problem lies in a statement my husband, by his own admission, made to his running buddies. Something like: "Yeah, Heidi's agreed to let my class reunion serve as our anniversary celebration."

No no no no no no no.

Heidi did not say that.

What Heidi said was that she didn't mind going to Paul's class reunion on our anniversary. I guess I just went on the assumption that some sort of simple anniversary celebration would take place on another weekend. "Assumption" is the key word, I guess.

Gentlemen, what we have here is a failure to communicate. *name that movie*

I hate to be a snob but I just can't get excited about spending my anniversary eating dinner at the local KC hall. Not that there's anything wrong with the KC hall....

To sweeten the deal Paul has offered to get us a hotel room for the night in our little hometown - our hometown with a population of 6,000. That way we can socialize and dance the night away at the KC hall without worrying about the long drive home, PLUS take in all the local culture the next day. This added bonus led to me doing a little bunny hop and clapping my hands wildly: "lucky me, lucky me, lucky me!"

The bright spot in all of this? I'm thinking that new patio furniture I've been wanting will be making it's way to our house right about the time May 23rd rolls around.

I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

First: Cool Hand Luke

Second: That better be some doggone expensive patio furniture. :o)

At least it's not an amateur horse show 600 miles away . . . oh, wait. That's MY life!

Stephanie said...

First: Cool Hand Luke

Second: That better be some doggone expensive patio furniture. :o)

At least it's not an amateur horse show 600 miles away . . . oh, wait. That's MY life!

Roxanne said...

Yes. . .a hotel room where you do not have to make the bed AND a dinner/lunch/breakfast out at your choice of eatery AND some patio furniture are all in order.

Might you be wearing your new raspberry cardigan at any point in this adventure?

HW said...

Roxanne-
Here's the thing. There are no eateries in our tiny little hometown. Unless I choose McDonald's or Dairy Queen. And no raspberry cardigan. They shipped me another green one so I sent everything back and decided not to try for a third time.

Roxanne said...

When I was in highschool, my friend and I would got EVERY STINKIN' DAY to McDonalds for fries, then next door to Wendy's for a frosty and a chicken sandwich.

SO, you could go to McDonald's for fries and to Dairy Queen for a Butterfinger Breeze. :)