Wednesday, May 06, 2009

NOW THAT'S FUNNY

Listen to this...

Our minister asked if we might be interested in helping with a class on parenting. You know, now that we have teenagers, we might have some helpful tidbits to impart to those in an earlier phase of this parenting journey.

I can hear it now:

Paul and Heidi what can you tell us about being effective parents?

*crickets*

Um...

Well....gee....uh...

D'oh!

*rolling eyes heavenward searching for words*

Hmmm....

*scratching forehead*

Let us get back to you on that.
********************************************************************************

On another note. I have also recently found out that said minister has come across my blog and reads it occasionally.

*gulp*

Now I am frantically searching my archives for anything mean, cruel or inappropriate that I may have typed.

I know I called some Las Vegas prostitute a tramp once right here on this blog. See, she had gone on the morning news shows and said the great thing about this country was that she could build a business of her own and become financially successful, while serving the needs of countless men.

So I went on this rant and let my fingers get carried away on the keyboard and actually called her a tramp. Maybe twice.

*hanging head in shame.*

And then there's the time I said "hellacious," because that's the kind of evening I was having.
But at least then I asked my ones of readers if I could say "hellacious," on this blog, before actually using the word "hellacious." A few times.

I don't even want to think about the time I wrote crap crap crap - TWICE - because my papers blew out of my hands and into a muddy field right outside Staples, causing me to run through that muddy field trapping papers with my feet and wiping who-knows-what off of them before I requested 100 copies of each.

As much as I try to keep this blog-o-mine rated "G," sometimes I let my snarky side shine through.

And look where that's landed me?

2 comments:

Vicky said...

I LOVE your sense of humor.

Roxanne said...

It's landed you right in the middle of funny. And real.