Thursday, May 07, 2009

TREASURES

I used to have this beautiful Willow Tree Nativity Set.

In fact, I had it until this past Tuesday.

I was walking through the garage on Tuesday morning, on my way to plant flowers, when I noticed an odd looking toy on the floor.

Hmm. What's this? I asked my dog as I wandered over to investigate.

Then my poor dog actually stuck her ears out, parallel to the ground, and cocked her head to one side when she heard the noises that came out of my throat.

Nyaaaah! I whined as I picked up the camel's head.

Looking around, I saw the carnage scattered all over the garage floor, even under the van.

Noooo! I had found the back end of the camel.

Oh Lord! not the shepherd boy - as I cradled his dismembered arm in my hand.

Finally, among the pieces that couldn't be identified, I found the ear of a little black lamb.

Why? Why? Why?

Seems the box containing the nativity set had fallen from the storage shelves in the garage, shattering several supporting cast members of the nativity.

I decided there was not a lot to do about it until July when the stores start putting out their Christmas decorations. Paul, however, had different ideas. He went online to see what he could do to replace my treasures. Turns out he was able to buy a Willow Tree Nativity Companion Kit that contains a camel, a shepherd boy and two little black lambs.

And just like that, he ordered it for me.

What, I ask you, do you do with a man as sweet as that?

5 comments:

Paul W said...

It's the least I could do since I insist on storing the Christmas @$#!$ (stuff) up on these really high shelves in the garage. We think this is at least third time something has fell.

But, Ok....let's be honest here, she did call me and tell me that she found the asses ass, or something like that before we completely figured out which pieces had been broken. But she can't write that now that our minister has told her that he sometimes reads this.

Beaner said...

You 2 need to do a comedy routine together!!!

I'm actually surprised that Paul didn't suggest that you actually try to glue them back together first. ;)

Paul W said...

Actually, I did glue said sheep ear back on just to see how it would look.....thus the decision to go ahead and buy the replacement pack!

HW said...

Oh yeah, I saw the glued-back-together lamb's ear. And when I saw him sorting the pieces like a jigsaw puzzle, I said "You ar NOT expecting me to glue that back together and keep it."

Roxanne said...

Evidently, what you do with a man like that is marry him. . .and have two children. :)