Monday, June 29, 2009

SOMEDAY I'M GOING TO MISS THIS

Blake is at Wisconsin Dells this week for wrestling camp.

Since we redecorated Kayla's room while she was at camp, I thought the least I could do for Blake was give his room a thorough cleaning while he's away. After all, he doesn't want a bedroom makeover.

"I'll be gone in less than a year," he keeps telling me as he twists the knife in my heart one more rotation. "Do it when I'm gone."

So then.

Today when I went into his room to put some laundry away, I was thinking I'd get started on that little clean up I had planned.





SWEET MERCY! What have I done?
I just....
um...
It's just that...
WOW!
In all fairness, I did have to do QUITE A BIT of cleaning before decorating Kayla's room.
Sorry, Kayla, but I gotta keep it real.
So I should not have been surprised. But MY STARS the food wrappers! The Mountain Dew Cans! The unidentifiable containers!!!
So here's what I did.
I quietly set his laundry on the bed, backed out of his room and shut the door.
Because I totally believe in running away from a challenge.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

What I want to know is:

WHERE CAN I GET BAGS OF CHURROS????