Thursday, February 07, 2008

WHY DID I BOTHER GETTING UP FROM MY NAP

Before you read this post, go down and read the previous post first.

Did you read it? Are you done?

I'm having a hard time concentrating because my husband is doubled over laughing at me right now.

Here's why.

I showed him the clock. I was explaining to him, how the stupid clock manufacturers screwed it into the box and I couldn't get it out of the box, and if HE couldn't get it out, I was taking it back and demanding a full refund and....

He simply turned the little plastic thingy around one of the screws and pulled it out....

Then he almost became too weak with laughter to do the others, so I meekly and with as much dignity as I could muster, unscrewed the other two BY HAND, and pulled the clock out of the box. But I had tried to turn those littley plastic thingies ealier and it just seemed like they kept turning and turning and turning with no success (said in a high pitched whiney voice).

Can somebody tell me WHY there were screws in there in the first place?

And can somebody tell me HOW to get this husband of mine to stop laughing at me?

3 comments:

Susiewearsthepants said...

As women it is not up to us to know how to undo plastic thingys, screws, or do-dads. It's not in our genetic makeup. Therefore, your husband should not laugh at you because, well, you are screw-removal-challenged is the best I can come up with!

Paul W said...

I'm also useful for parallel parking and killing spiders. Beyond that, I bring limited skills and capabilities to the relationship. Thankfully she hasn't caught on yet.

Cowboy Pauley

HW said...

OH, HONEY!! I need you for other things too...
like fastening my bracelets.
Oh, and Blake can kill spiders now.