Wednesday, July 02, 2008

BECAUSE I LIKE TO SPREAD MORNING CHEER....

So, this morning I got up before Paul left for work. It is going to be part of my new routine. Not necessarily to see Paul first thing in the morning, but so I can get my morning walk in at a reasonable time and not feel like it's eating into my day too much. Seeing Paul is just an added perk...but probably not for him.

I suspect Paul will now try to leave for work by 4:30 a.m. to avoid my chipper presence before he starts his work day.

Because, even though I'm not a morning person, for some reason I was quite talkative this morning.

Is it a full moon?

Anyway, I think the clincher was when I said "I have a big decision to make today." And he said "Mm."

"Yeah. I have to decide if I want to paint my toenails red for the Fourth of July or try that bright pink of Kayla's."

Because my life is full of dilemmas like that.

And I have never seen a man fill a travel cup with coffee and skedaddle out the door so quickly.

Or maybe it was because I said "Oh, and after work tonight, I'd like to go to Sam's Club"

And then I heard him mumble something about adding a shot of whiskey to his coffee....

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just checking in to let you know I read your divorce post below. How timely with what is heavy on my heart!

Kandi said...

I'd vote for the red.

HW said...

k-
Oh Darn! I went with the bright pink.

Kandi said...

I'm sure it looks splendid. Happy 4th of July!

Susiewearsthepants said...

What? No red for the Fourth? Shame!