Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Well, now that I've ticked off a major portion of the homeschooling community - or kissed up to them - however you want to look at it - I don't know what to do with myself.

Maybe I should look at it in a more healthy way? Like...I don't know..."now that I've opened the lines of communication about a potentially divisive and volatile topic, allowing each side to air their views in a safe, nonthreatening environment, in order to enlighten others and promote world peace everywhere...."

Anyway, I keep trying to think of something else to put out there - another topic that would generate 31 comments. THIRTY ONE COMMENTS!! The only way I ever dreamed of having 31 comments on this little ole' blog was if I continued to go to my own comment section and pretend to be a different person each time; pretend I had 31 blog friends.

Kind of like when Jan pretended she had a boyfriend (you know, the Brady Bunch) and kept having the operator call her so she could talk to her boyfriend George....George Glass.

I'm thrilled that I may have some new blog friends. But I don't know what I'd do without my "old" blog friends - you three people out there who comment regularly and remind me I'm NOT, in fact, talking to a brick wall - keyboardily* speaking.

(*Keyboardily - adverb - of or having to do with the keyboard, usually of the computer variety, not the piano variety. She was a keyboardily gifted girl but she had the voice of a goose.)

Because I know that friendship should be judged in quality not quantity

(Cue Brownie Girl Scout song now...make new friends but keep the old. One is silver; the other gold...)

And...wait...where was I? Oh yeah 31 comments. I love it!

But it's exhausting. Because to ignore all of those comments would have been rude, so I tried to go back to each blog and respond; or respond right here if the person didn't have a blog. And when I responded I tended to get a little wordy. Because, like in real life, I often don't know when to shut up, keyboardily speaking.

Each time my son would walk by the computer and see me madly pecking away at the keyboard, he'd say "Great...she's at war again..."

To which I'd say "I'm not at war, I'm merely responding to a response, so I can let my appreciation and my opinion be known."

My fingers haven't moved across the keyboard so much since my senior year in college when I wrote 3 papers a week; and then it was on an electronic typewriter, not a computer.

Speaking of writing college papers...no that's a whole other post. I'll save it for later.
******************************************************************************

In other news, Kayla and I are going out today so she can get a new high school look - hairdo wise. Then we're going to do a little shopping for school clothes. Then we'll probably eat Chinese food because that's what we always eat on our girls days out. Then we're going to stop in at the grocery store so I can buy some bacon because we received 2 beautiful fresh tomatoes from our vegetable co-op yesterday, and I absolutely have to have a BLT some time today. Then I ABSOLUTELY have to get some cleaning done in this house.

Tune in tomorrow for "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH - Part II."


Funny - spellcheck keeps flagging "keyboardily" and I keep telling it that it's 2008, it must be a word.

13 comments:

Jody said...

I don't think you pissed off or kissed homeschoolers butts :P. I enjoyed answering your questions because 1)I love talking about homeschooling because I love doing it :P and 2) you were respectful in your questions and didn't come off as judgemental.

I don't have a lot of readers at my blog either. I had one blog that I wasn't really blogging a lot so I deleted it and then later started a new one. Since I have been blogging a little more regularly and going to different peoples blogs I have gotten more people to comment. Still not a lot but more than one LOL. Just keep at it!! "Blog it and they will Come!" LOL. You have gained at least one (me) as a commenter. Keep at it!!

I hope you and your daughter have fun!!!

Ami said...

Lyssa and I have planned a little shopping excursion sometime in August for a few school supplies/clothes and that pair of bright red Converse high tops. We're going to Chang's Mongolian Grill, which qualifies as Chinese food without the MSG. (I'm allergic)

I like that people read my blog, but I am not blogging for anyone but myself. (Well, and my kids.) I have a copy of each photo I've used (even the ones I stole from the internet) and plan to print all my posts as a sort of journal to pass on. I've been totally unsuccessful in keeping a handwritten one, but for some reason blogging works really well for me.

Kandi said...

'keyboardily speaking' I love it! :) Shame on google spellcheck for not knowing such a clever word. ;)
Girls day out sounds so very nice. Are you getting a new haircut as well?

HW said...

ami-
I primarily blog for my children. I hope it to be a kind of legacy for them one day. Right now my daughter reads pretty faithfully but not my son. But it will be there if/when he chooses to read it.

K-
No, I'm not getting a new haircut. I changed my style a year or two ago - it's pretty short now. Unfortunately I'm starting to get the urge to grow it out, which never goes well.

Debbie said...

31 would certainly be a mile stone for me as well. I'm ecstatic if I get 12...icluding my responses to comments. Buuut, of course, I'm just blogging for me. he he he Really!

Congrats on the new word. Someone should really call Webster's. :)

Paul W said...

HW said: "Because, like in real life, I often don't know when to shut up, keyboardily speaking."

Pauley said: "Now we have a competition going for the best understatement of the year!"

Pauley further said: Obviously, I'm only kidding my dear.

HW said...

Paul W-
You may speak less but, when you do, you certainly can utter some doozies....offensively speaking.

Beaner said...

31 comments, huh? But have you been QUOTED yet on some random online site? ;)

BTW - I am cracking up at your 'George......George Glass' reference!! A true sign that I am definately getting old!!!

Just one more thing that makes me feel old - KIDS born in 1990 are turning 18 this year - legal adults! 1990!!!!!!!

Blugs!!

Paul W said...

Well, yes, but...um, well...

You got me there.

Hope you had a good day shopping and hair styling, etc.

HW said...

Beaner -
Quoted? Other than in some of the commenters posts - no. Darn!

You're definitely getting old???
Puh-lease.

Susiewearsthepants said...

You crack me up with your "keyboardily speaking". You continue to amuse the masses with your stinging wit. Sigh-I'm a little envious. Don't ya just love GDO's? There so fun.

Karen said...

Not pissed off or kissed up here either.

I do have a question for you, as you do back to school stuff. My daughter and I were at Staples in June BEFORE the schools were even done for the year and they had back to school displays out. Is it just our homeschooliness, or is that just plain cruel? :)

HW said...

Karen -
Our schools are out in May but I can't tell you the reasoning behind this. I assume it's the same rationale that causes retailers to put Thanksgiving stuff out in July and Christmas stuff out in August. Jeesh! Let us get through the summer before we have to deal with that stuff.