Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I AM A NERD...

It has recently been brought to my attention (not once but twice) that I am most likely a nerd. A geek. A dweeb. Perhaps even a loser.

First Nerd Confirmation.
We had been at the U of I watching our team WIN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL GAME. Go Trojans. My mom had taped the game since it was televised so we were watching it the next night and Paul and I noticed we were shown several times in the stands. We were impressed.
Let me just say. I had come up with the PERFECT outfit for the game. Big yellow v-neck sweater over a royal blue long sleeved t-shirt, over a white turtle neck, which gave me a great combination of our team colors. Then I had on royal blue gloves, a yellow "Trojan Football" headband to keep my ears warm, and my sun glasses just happened to be blue. I did not need a jacket because the weather was perfect, which is a good thing because I hated to cover up my outfit. I mean, why ruin the look?
Now back to being shown on TV. When we pointed ourselves out to Kayla on the screen. She giggled and said "You guys have like NOBODY around you..." Then she held up a big "L" on her forehead and said "losers." UH!! She was right. There were like 5 empty spaces ON EACH SIDE OF US. I think the row behind us was empty too. I know the row in front of us was. No wonder it was so easy to spot us. We were the two people with the big "L's" on our foreheads.
Of course, we had taken 4 kids with us and much of the space around us was being taken up by blankets, back packs, sweatshirts,cameras, etc. dropped off by said kids.

Second Nerd Confirmation.
Here is our conversation last night at supper regarding Blake's wrestling meet.
Blake: It's not even a real meet, it's a "take-down" meet so you both don't have to go, especially since it's 2 hours away. And, no offense Mom, but if only one of you goes I'd rather it be Dad, especially if I don't have to ride the bus home and he can drive me home. Again, no offense, but I'd rather ride home with Dad.
(Tip to teenagers, don't start any statement with "No offense..." You will usually ended up offending.)

Me: UH!! You can't POSSIBLY think your father is a safer driver than I....!!

Later in the evening I brought this up to Paul (All in good fun, remember)

Me: Do you think Blake really thinks I'm not as safe as you when driving? Because that is ridiculous. You are more confident, perhaps, but I am more CAUTIOUS.
Paul: I think he is talking about your speed.
Me: Oh, you mean the fact that I obey the law and drive the speed limit and that I have NEVER had a ticket, therefore setting a much better example for our teenage son who will be driving IN EIGHT MONTHS??
Paul: Yeah, probably that.

Yes. I am a Nerd. But I am a cautious Nerd who knows how to dress for a football game.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

LOL!!!!!!

I often tell Dwight that he drives our van like he's driving a van.....I mean, what is he thinking???