Monday, November 20, 2006

IT'S MID-TERMS, SO...

When it is time for mid-term grades, we do not want to see a letter from the school in our mailbox. Because at midterm, the school sends a letter if your child has a D or an F in any class.
Well, today when I came home from work - for my usual 12 minute break to grab a protein bar and go to the bathroom before heading off to do carpool - I got the mail and noticed an envelope from the school. Well Crap! That's what I said (I know,Kayla, that was crude...sorry)
When I opened it, however, I could tell by the folded letter, that it didn't look like a grade report (yes, we've seen one before)So I assumed I had forgotten to get a health form in for Blake's wrestling season or something like that.
But no. It was a summary of Kayla's grades from her science teacher, Mrs. C. Just a note to let us know how VERY GOOD Kayla is doing in class and how much she enjoys having her. Of course, I wasn't surprised about the grade. We can access the grades on line and we pretty much know that Kayla averages high 90% in most classes and even over 100% in some of her classes.
But, how nice of Mrs. C to take the time to send a positive note. Don't we all love to hear great things about our kids? Kudos to teachers!!

Back to that carpool thing. Last week, on the day it was raining sideways all day, I put 50 miles on the van doing carpool - ALL IN THREE HOURS. FIFTY MILES!! And I never got further than 10 miles from home. I could have been at a really nice mall in 50 miles. That is a long way to drive to get nowhere.

No comments: