Friday, November 17, 2006

....PINNED!!

Remember Cubbie? Blake's best friend, 6'3 - 250 pounds? Well, Cubbie was spending the night a couple weeks ago (not last week, cause Blake was at his house, of course)
And Blake and his two wrestling team mates were trying to "teach" Cubbie some wrestling holds.
I came down to the basement and found Cody trying to pin Cubbie on the floor. Cubbie could have been reading a magazine as bored as he looked. I heard Cody say something like "...Dude, I can't even get my leg around your thigh..." Then I hear Blake say "I wanna take Cubbie." So I had to stay and watch.
So they basically start out standing and facing each other with their hands on each other's shoulders. In most matches, each opponent would be putting forth equal effort to move the other. Here, however, Cubbie was standing perfectly, effortlessly still while Blake was pushing with all his might. Picture a 5 year old trying to move a Buick. And then the funniest thing happened.
In one quick, seamless move, Cubbie reached behind Blake, grabbed him behind the knees and behind the shoulders, cradled him for a brief second like a baby and then laid him flat to the carpet. I am pretty sure I heard a big "WHOOSH!" Kayla and I laughed so hard, I thought I would be lying flat on the carpet. (I was only sorry Paul couldn't see it, since Blake starts a wrestling match with him every night and Paul told me one night as he hobbled to bed "This wrestling is killing me." )
Then Drew and Cody, the other wrestlers, jump up, ignoring Blake on the floor, and yell "... Dude, I wanna try Cubbie again." So Cubbie was lying on the floor again when I left and I said "Cubbie, are they using you as their wrestling Dummy?" And he says "Don't worry Mrs. Woolard, I don't feel a thing."
Ahhh. Boys.
I grew up with this kind of chaos. My two older brothers had countless friends over and were always into some sort of adventure or fight. It's been fun to see the different phases Blake goes through with his buddies and remember my brothers doing the same things with each other and their buddies. My brothers' "adventures" left me well prepared to handle a house full of boys.
Thanks Terry and Clint. Who would have thought you putting SLIME in my hair, or you BURYING MY BARBIE DOLL IN THE BACK YARD would turn into a good thing...?

No comments: