Monday, January 02, 2006

Letters to my kids

I am composing letters to my kids to remind them of all the great things they did in 2005. I am letting them know why 2005 was a great year to be their mom just as every year since the day they were born. Yes, I have the tissues nearby.My mother told me, when Blake was born, that I would blink and he would crawl, then I'd blink again and he'd walk.....all the way to the blink that would have him married. She was soooo right. These letters are reminding me how many times I must have blinked since each of them was born. I have written about this elsewhere regarding Blake, who is 14 and growing like a great dane puppy.I am predicting that the kids will love the letters even if they don't get all mushy-gushy on me for them. I have tried to let them know that I am their biggest cheerleader no matter what. I think I have proven this at their sports events. I am not nearly as dignified in the bleachers as I thought I'd be; but that's another blog. So, on those days, when I am sure I have failed as a mother, I'm hoping these letters will help me also; to remind me that they are pretty good kids and that I am not raising monsters. If you have never felt that way about your own kids, please do not read my blog anymore.So try these letters. Even if your kids can't read, write them and save them for when they can. I'll let you know how mine go over....

1 comment:

Beaner said...

I think you'd better stop blinking!!!! The letters sound great & I'm sure they will appreciate them now, but love them a lot when they're older too!