Thursday, January 19, 2006

who needs mercy...?

My cat is walking across the keyboard, so I don't know what has happened here....

Anyway, I am wondering how often I have taken God's mercy and thrown it back in his face and been ungrateful for it.

Blake copped an attitude last night regarding his punishment. I told him he could be grateful for our change of heart. Basically, a typical conversation with a typical teenager. It could mean he is feeling better about things, and crawling out from under the blanket of guilt. It could mean he doesn't feel worthy of a second chance and this is how he expresses it. It could mean he is still just a really good kid who occasionally turns ME into a ten year old who wants to stomp my feet and stand and argue with him - you know doing his job as a teenager.

So is God ever pointing his finger at me saying "you could be a little more grateful...." or is He saying "I love you anyway and know that someday you will recognize the gift you were given"


On a lighter note... our "garfield" cat has not accepted his cat door well. He seems to think that the cat door should have come with a doorMAN. He stands inside the laundry room looking out through the flap and cries and paws at it and stares - waiting for us to hold it open so he can get through. Is he really that stupid or is he arrogant? The dog just stays in the laundry room and doesn't even try to come out. We always seem to have animals with issues........

2 comments:

Beaner said...

I hope when my kids are teenagers, I can see their attitudes as being "typical teenager" stuff. It sounds like your kids might be "typical" but you aren't frazzled - you guys seem to be on top of it! And my children have taught me SOOO much about God - I often hear His voice saying to me whatever it is I'm saying to my strong-willed (disobedient) 4 year old. Maybe I'm like a spiritual 4-year old & God is just wanting me to grow up!

On that lighter note - he's a cat, so he's not stupid....must be arrogant! Cats don't have owners, they have servants!

HW said...

believe me, I don't equate typical with pleasant. Sometimes it's what I need to tell myself to keep from putting my hands around their necks and.....well never mind.
Our daughter is the strong willed one - we call her high maintenance. When she was 3 we decided she suffered from SPPS - SELF PROCLAIMED PRINCESS SYNDROME. Is this a girl thing or a second child thing?