Thursday, January 26, 2006

A peanut butter haircut...?

Do you save your change. We throw all our loose change in a big peanut butter jar and cash it in when the jar is full. Today I got 38.17 at the bank. So I went and got my hair cut. And I still have enough left to buy fast food for supper a couple times this weekend. Actually all the change but quarters go in the jar. Paul puts the quarters in our "Air Borne" tubes. They are the size of a roll of quarters and he thinks that is just so cool to save our quarters in those. Yes our kids carry "Air Borne" tubes to the concession stand. Air Borne was invented by a school teacher to ward off colds. It works. Take at the first sign of a cold - every 3 hours, and you'll feel better. At least I do.
Ok, have any of you ever been at the grocery store with your cart overflowing and people comment on how much that is going to cost you. I hate that. It's always some old man for me. Now, it's not that I owe them an explanation but sometimes it just LOOKS like alot. I mean, if I have 4 gallons of milk (yes, we drink a lot) and a case of water, and a giant pack of paper towels (I have issues with those) and 3 boxes of cereal, and all that is laying on top of my heavy winter coat, well then some of the little things will be perched precariously on top and it will look like a HUGE order. But really, is that anybody's business but mine and my bank's? I usually just say something like "yeah, well teenagers eat a lot." But that is not what I'm thinking. I will not go into what I am really thinking.
One more question. What do you do if you see a lady in a restaurant with toilet paper hanging out of her waistband. There's not much I could do because I was trying to stop my kids from laughing so loudly.

2 comments:

Paul W said...

Paper Towels.....what about Toilet Paper!!

Your hair does look nice, particularly since it was funded with pocket change!!

Love you and have a good day.

Beaner said...

Remind me not to ask you if you've got any change!!!

Some lady at Nick's school saw me yesterday & said "Boy, you're really pushing the season, aren't you?" ALL I did was cut my hair shorter & I had a lighter jacket on! It wasn't like I was in flip-flops & shorts or anything like that! People can be very strange, can't they?