Friday, January 20, 2006

misery loves company

Just got back from the varsity basketball game. Kayla performed with the high school pom pom squad so we had to be there. It was fun, though, and I told Paul I'd go to the rest of them.
I ran into a friend in the "cafetorium" who was struggling with the same issues with her 14 year old son. I missed the nail biter finale of the game (we won) but came home with a much lighter heart. Because we cried and laughed and hugged right there in the high school cafetorium.
It's interesting who God sends to lighten our load. Tonight it was my favorite "bleacher buddy" from our sons' sporting events. We have always thought a great deal of this family and their son is just a fantastic boy who has spent lots of time in our home. His dad was out of work for a long time and that made him bitter and rough around the edges.
Last summer at a ballgame we asked the same ole' "how ya doin?" and he said "I'm terrific because I've been going to church and I have Jesus in my life now...! " WOOO HOOO!!!
They still have the same problems and struggles, but I see them facing things with a brighter outlook now. So I shouldn't be surprised that they were so helpful tonight - I just wasn't expecting such fantastic therapy at a varsity basketball game.

Yes I know cats have servants. Dogs want to be your friend and cats might ALLOW you to be their friend.

No comments: