Wednesday, March 05, 2008

THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE

The other night after supper, Blake initiated his nightly wrestling match with his dad.

This usually entails him going up to his dad and trying to put him in some wrestling hold, causing Dad to say "Don't. I'm not in the mood." So Blake does some dancing around and some more faux moves, and Dad says "I'm not kidding, Blake. I don't want to fight." Then Blake bends at the waist and pretends to thrust his head into Dad's stomach, causing Dad to say "Alright, but I'm gonna hurt you."

Then I say something like "Paul, don't hurt him, okay." And then Paul says to Blake "Someday when I get you away from your mother, I'm gonna hurt you bad."

And then they wrestle for a few minutes, and Blake tries to teach his dad some real moves and I end up yelling something like "If you guys pull my dining room drapes down, you're both in trouble!"

During this particular match, Blake decided to teach his dad how to do some defensive wrestling. You know? In case he's ever mugged or somebody tries to kidnap him.

So I said, "That's the kind of move I've been telling you to teach your sister."

At that point, Blake stood up straight and made a sweeping triangular motion starting at his waistband and encompassing the groin area. And he said "This is all she needs to know. Right here. She just needs to remember to aim for this triangle right here and down we go."

So then I asked him if he and his buddies would be willing to pad themselves up really good and let Kayla and her friends use them as self defense dummies.

He didn't answer me, though.

The look he gave me said it all.

2 comments:

Susiewearsthepants said...

OOOHHHHH....I need to learn that move in case the murderer gets to me before I get keyless entry!

HW said...

Susie,
Or you can spread your keys out and place them between your fingers so that when you make a fist you have "key spikes" sticking out. Then be ready to gouge some eyes out.
I learned that trick from a college professor.