Tuesday, August 05, 2008

ANYTHING FOR THE CHILDREN...

Did you hear?

On Thursday August 7th, Diary Queen is donating part of each blizzard sale to the Children's Miracle Network.

I am giving you plenty of notice so you can plan around this - plan your points, your exercise, your budget, your fat grams, your guilt around this worthy event.

I myself will find it very difficult to consume a blizzard (double Oreo) but I intend to do it.

For the children.

Our family will be ordering four. I doubt our children will be with us, but we will still order four.

For the children.

You must go out and do this. In fact, I think it is a biblical obligation:

"For surely thou shalt enter the land of (ice) milk and honey and partake of the feast the Lord hath setteth before thee. Do not fear, sayeth the Lord; for just as our Lord and Savior did multiplieth the loaves and fishes, so shall our Lord divideth the calories and fat so that thou shalt not suffereth for this, thy sacrifice..." 2nd (Dairy)Queens 13:3 RCDV*

*Revised Crazy Dieters Version - soon to be released at divine weight loss centers everywhere.

8 comments:

Beaner said...

Ha! Ha! I already told my office that we should pool our money & send somebody out on a DQ run!!!! You know, to support the cause and all!

Kandi said...

I'll have to keep that in mind and support the cause. :) Thanks for the heads up.

Jody said...

LOL too funny. I did hear of this on TV :P. Have to support the cause right? LOL

Susiewearsthepants said...

Oh dear! The girls and I MUST get in on this. We love to support charity. Especially if it involves The DQ. Dairy Queen, which not to be confused with The DQ (Drama Queen) Keri. Anyway, you know what I mean. Thanks for this very important public service announcement.

Debbie said...

Welllll, since it's for a good cause and all.
I wonder how many points they are anyway?

HW said...

debbie -
When I did Weight Watchers a few years ago, a small oreo blizzard was 13 points. Ironically I found that out right after I weighed in one day because the DQ was RIGHT BESIDE the WW place. I mean, how cruel is that?

Beaner said...

Mmm...I enjoyed my Thin Mint Blizzard today...for the children, of course! Our whole office bought Blizzards!!!

What flavor did you have?

HW said...

Beaner -
I had Double Oreo. Blake had thin mint. We took some to our British friends because they are moving back to London next week and they don't have Dairy Queen over there.

I know. How can they call themselves a civilized country?