Sunday, February 26, 2006

I am pretty sure there was an angel behind me today in church during communion. I'm pretty sure I heard an angel sing a song called "Hallowed" I had goosebumps. I had tears. Not only did it make me (once again) wish I had a beautiful singing voice; but it made me wish the song had more verses. It was beautiful, Chris.


Well, I have packed my bags. I think I'm going on a guilt trip. I decided today to skip the lady's retreat. The ladies I told today seemed disappointed; I'm sure because they know I will be missing a wonderful experience. I know I will be missing a wonderful experience - based on last year's retreat. But I decided I need to go and be my son's cheerleader. I will hopefully have many years of retreat ahead of me, but I have my son at home for about 4 more years and I want him to know that his biggest fan did not miss an opportunity to scream "whoo-hoo" for him from the bleachers. Every kid needs a cheerleader (don't we all) and I have decided to be on duty that day.
Last year at the retreat, I had been attending our congretation for only about 6 months. My friend, who had been driving up with us for that whole time, decided at the last minute to cancel her plans to attend the retreat. When she told me, my first thought was "I still have to go. I have to go and get to know these ladies. What better chance to try to become a part of this family- this body?" So I did. It was kind of hard being the new kid. It was hard not having my old friend there helping me make new friends. But I did it and I was glad. I know this year would have been even better and easier and it would have been an opportunity to become even more a part of this family. But, hopefully, next year I will not have a conflict. And hopefully by then I will feel like I've been with these great women forever. Have fun ladies.

2 comments:

Beaner said...

We are sad - not only because of what you will miss, but because of what we will miss. Have fun this weekend too & good luck to Blake!

Chris said...

Thank you Heidi - I'm glad you enjoyed it. (But girl, you gotta warn me before I read things like that at work - I'm sitting here just bawling...!)

We will miss you so much at the retreat, but we understand. I'll save a worksheet for ya!