Thursday, February 16, 2006

Our son will only go to a movie with us if it is out of town. He does not want to risk being seen with his parents by anybody he knows. He also recently told us, when discussing vacation plans, that he would stay at the hotel during the water park trip. He didn't say so, but his facial expression indicated very strongly, that he had no intention of being seen with us at a water park. WELL!!!! Just two years ago we had a great time at the water parks in Wisconsin Dells. I'm sure he will change his mind. But yesterday we found something that was exciting enough that he would even share it with us. An ILLINI basketball game. Now, Paul gets the company tickets about twice a year. But last night, we got the GOOD company tickets. Section A - Row 5. Parking Pass real close to the building. Blake has gone to all of the games with Paul and Kayla has gone to most. I usually give up my ticket so one of the kids can take a friend. I had decided to go last night, even before I knew we had the GOOD company tickets. It was great being at an event where all four of us were having a great time. Reminded me of that credit card commercial:
Pizza before the game:$17
Program:$5
Popcorn, coke, Twizzlers, water, peanut m&m's:$15
A family event that EVERYONE loves: Priceless.

I am really learning to treasure this kind of evening; they are too rare and will be over way too soon. We are less than 5 years from our first going to college. Anybody else know how fast 5 years go by?

1 comment:

Chris said...

YES! I keep having to remind myself that someday very soon, my boys will not be as enthusiastic to pass out hugs, or to cuddle on the couch and I need to enjoy it!