Wednesday, February 15, 2006

splenda -n- spice

I have fixed myself a cup of hot lemon tea and as I spooned my SECOND spoonful of sugar into it I thought "I really should be using splenda." Now I'm gonna let ya'll in on a little secret. I don't like splenda. I think it tastes a little different. Perhaps if I kept using it, I'd learn to like it. Now I should like splenda because my husband's company makes the stuff. I have never mentioned it in the presence of his co-workers that I don't care for the stuff; it's like our little secret here at home. Also, despite my mother-in-law's FIRM BELIEF, We do not get free splenda. I think she has visions of little yellow packets rolling off a belt here in Decatur and employees just walking off with buckets full of the stuff. Not the way it happens. She has actually accused Paul of holding out on her and not giving her the free stuff. Now Blake and Kayla take a couple packets from restaurants and give it to Grandma to tease her. Of course, I'd probably love the stuff if we got it free - it does cost a lot more than the pink packets.
I know splenda is better for me, but I keep holding on to the real stuff that isn't quite as healthy. Which would be fine, if I ate just a little sugar........
It's overwhelming when I think of my whole list that begins with
"I really should be ......" Guess I should tackle that list one day.

1 comment:

Beaner said...

I will join you in the "I don't like Splenda club"!!! When I tried to give up coffee for my New Year's Resolution, I failed, but I thought I'd try Splenda so that I could drink coffee w/o as much guilt - but it's NOT the same. I also hate the pink & blue stuff too. Just give me the real deal & I'll be fine. No imitations will do. I didn't know Paul's company makes that stuff - that's kinda funny that you don't like it. I always thought it was funny when Dwight worked for a childcare resource company that I was a stay-at-home mom!!!

Hmmm....you made me wonder what my "I really should be" list is today!