Friday, February 24, 2006

I don't know what to do with myself today. Really. I feel like I am flitting around like a hummingbird. My whole family is home sick today. Well, I feel fine because I started this sickness relay last week. Kayla has not been to school all week (Monday was a holiday so at least that won't count) Blake and Paul were home yesterday and today. Now we know Paul feels like doo-doo if he is missing work. He said he was going in today. Then he sat in the kitchen for awhile and that "I am actually still sick" feeling overcame him again. So I guess with them all home, I just don't feel like things are right. I do know that yesterday everytime I cleaned the kitchen, one of the kids came in and made kool-aid or opened some crackers. Both messy tasks when dealing with teens (and 2-year olds) They never seemed to need anything when I offered, but as soon as that kitchen was clean and I left the room.......
And it's not that they're any trouble; Blake is sleeping, Paul is working on the other computer, and Kayla is watching some fashion police type show. So I am basically free to go about my business. I just keep feeling like I'm going to get halfway through a load of laundry and someone will need something, or I'll start cleaning the bathroom and that's when one of the kids will decid they need a shower. You know...that breathing down your neck feeling. Perhaps I will do nothing today. Maybe I will "just BE"

And to top it all off.....there are Girl Scout cookies in the house. I did not order any because I was not approached. I cannot say no to a girl scout. Anyway, Paul came home the other night with 9 - NINE - boxes. He said he felt he should be generous. Well, I used to buy about 20 from Kayla so no big deal. I was just planning on "being good". So I found room in the pantry for them and I am trying to forget they are in the house. The only way to truly forget about them is if I don't open the pantry. The only way to avoid opening the pantry is to plan on NOT cooking today. The only way to get away with NOT cooking today is to go out for dinner (well, carry in since 75% of us are ill) See where I'm going with this...? What are your favorite girl scout cookies? I love caramel delights (he didn't order those) and "thanks a lots". Blake gets hold of the peant butter patties and eats a whole box in one sitting. Poor Kayla has to grab a box of those and hide them in her room to get her fair share. I am afraid to say this, but I'm not thrilled with thin mints...

1 comment:

Beaner said...

Carmel Delights - weren't they called Samoas before? And thin mints. I'm sure I'll be seeing my boxes soon too!