Sunday, February 08, 2009

LET'S TALK ABOUT ME AGAIN...

So I think there's this thing going around face book where you list 25 things about yourself.

I don't do face book because I don't really get it. But a couple of years ago I didn't get "the blog" and look at me now. By the time I get a face book account, there will be something better that bends my brain. And I will have a face book account.

Anyway.

Since I just turned 42; and since I like a challenge (not really) I'm going to list for you, my ones of readers, 42 riveting facts about myself.

Ready?

1. I know the Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe by heart. I thought this was a requirement for womanhood but evidently it's not.
2. I'm not a big fan of ice cream. I never crave it; am rarely tempted by it.
3. I am a technological idiot.
4. I love the black and white episodes of Andy Griffith - the ones with Don Knotts. They seriously calm my soul. Don Knotts was an acting genius.
5. I love animals. All animals.
6. I have a college degree but love being a housewife.
7. I am not for one minute blind to the blessing it is for me to be a housewife - especially in these tough economic times.
8. Every night I ask God why he thought I was worthy of the man who sleeps beside me. I still don't know but I'm so glad He did.
9. Ditto with the two children He gave me.
10. Seventeen years into this parenting job, I still lose my breath when my kids laugh.
11. I would be happy if my whole closet was full of black and white - with a little brown and red.
12. I love shoes.
13. When I was in first grade I asked Santa for red shoes because I had read a book about a little girl going shopping with her mom and buying red shoes. Santa came through for me.
14. Now that I have a daughter, she always has red shoes.
15. I just burned my hand taking chocolate chip cookies out of the oven.
16. I have brick red counter tops in my kitchen. Seven years after choosing them I still don't regret it.
17. My favorite book of the Bible is James
18. I cannot tell a girl scout no at cookie time. No matter how many come to the door, I buy cookies. Especially those little Daisy Scouts. Seriously, have you seen how cute they are?
19. Ditto with boy scouts and their popcorn.
20. We have 17 boxes of girl scout cookies on the way (four courtesy of Grandma)
21. I love to rearrange furniture and even my wall decor.
22. I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor.
23. It appears our kids have inherited my love of sarcasm. Sorry, honey.
24. My son wants to be a marine.
25. I now teeter on the fence between extreme pride and paralyzing fear.
26. My daughter wants to major in fashion merchandising and minor in business.
27. I hope to have a closet full of "KaylaBeth Originals" some day.
28. I rarely call people on the phone-only my mother to check on her. I'm not a phone person.
29. If you call me, though, I can easily talk to you for an hour or more.
30. I am terrible - TERRIBLE - at fund raising. Don't ask me to be a fund raiser for you. I'll do decorating, hospitality, or letter writing, but I am uncomfortable asking people for money.
31. I love kids of all ages - even teenagers.
32. I've never been outside of the United States - but that will change in July.
33. I'm afraid of heights.
34. I don't know if I can swim well enough to save myself.
35. But I know I can do it to save my child.
36. Pre-children, I worked in a facility for the mentally ill - 127 schizophrenics - and I loved it.
37. I got married after my sophomore year in college and was blessed to be given a job as a secretary on campus. The professors liked my work so much they asked me to put my degree on hold and work full time. I told them no and they let me stay on part time.
39. The forties aren't bad - they aren't bad at all.
40. I will be 45 when our youngest leaves home.
41. I hope to finally travel with my husband when we are empty nesters.
42. I don't do mornings well - not well at all.

3 comments:

Paul W said...

Pauley here....just so no one tries to draw the conclusion on your own.....HW DID NOT meet me at #36. I think she has my room pre-paid there, but no, we did not meet there.

Also, #12 might very well be the biggest understatement of the year and it's only February!

Love you....

Unknown said...

I read your blog and enjoy it so much. We share much and yet we are different too, it makes me interested in others when they have attributes I admire but don't posses.
I am older than you have have a faebook! The one fun thing was a guy from HS, class of 78 thank you, finding me and creating a group of us, it's been a hoot 31 years later!
Have a wonderful day HW.

Beaner said...

Hey - I just read that the Boy Scouts are recalling that popcorn - better look into it!

This was a cool list. You should come on over to the dark side (Facebook) it's really fun!