Thursday, February 26, 2009

ONE LINERS

Kayla informed me today that she was going to set me up on Facebook.

I didn't ask her to do this, but evidently she takes after her mother and decided I was going to have a Facebook account and I WAS GOING TO LIKE IT.

So I had to inform her that I realized why Facebook made me nervous. It's because it's full of one sentence tidbits.

Um...I'm not a one sentence kind of girl.

I cannot imagine how enormous the pressure might be to keep my comments brief on fellow Facebookers' walls. I would quickly be un-friended as people realized I just talked too much.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

In other news....

I got a call yesterday from one of the stores at the mall - a store I shop at often. They were once again calling all their best customers to let us know about a one day sale on Saturday. If we tell them we got the call we get the discount.

Let me insert here that I have not gone to one of their sales in a long time because I'm trying to save money.

And I can't decide if I will go to the sale on Saturday. On one hand, I would love to try their new Tummy Slimmer trousers and receive ten dollars off each pair.

On the other hand I don't know if I should be offended that they had my name on a list of CUSTOMERS WHO NEED TUMMY SLIMMERS.

Perhaps they could have said "Receive ten dollars off each pair of our new trousers. Oh, and by the way, they are Tummy Slimmers. Not that YOU need Tummy Slimmers but why not get the discount anyway. Even though you totally don't need them - Tummy Slimmers that is."

Instead they got all sing-songy and enthusiastic - "Come try our new Tummy Slimmers!! They will change your life!" Not really on that last part...

Tummy Slimmers, Tummy Slimmers, Tummy Slimmers.

Plus. Might they be setting their customers up for disappointment? I mean what if we go into the dressing room expecting to look all flat and thin and tummy slimmed and we don't? Why not just let us put on the trousers and be pleasantly surprised that we look so good? How nice would it be to put on a new pair of trousers and be able to say "Huh. That half pound of chocolate I ate at the retreat doesn't show at all. In fact it made me lose weight."

I think that would be more fun.

I will probably go check them out. After all, I AM a favorite customer who needs her tummy slimmed. Plus I might find a pair that looks good with my new Raspberry Rose cardigan. Or Lime Sorbet. Or Raspberry Rose. Or Lime Sorbet.

1 comment:

Paul W said...

I'm pretty sure I saw 4 pair of jeans from this store (I didnt' say Tummy whatevers...) in the closet.

Just kidding....thank you for being frugal and enjoy your new jeans.

Pauley