Tuesday, February 24, 2009

SOME PEOPLE SHOULDN'T DO THE MAIL ORDER THING...

...and evidently I'm one of them.

I just want a pink sweater, people.

Or rather a Raspberry Rose cardigan and shell.

I can't wear most shades of pink, so when I saw this Raspberry Rose sweater set in the JC Penney catalog I said to myself "...self, you could wear that."

And I ordered it.

I was hoping it would come in time to take to the Ladies' retreat but, true to my prediction, it came 4o minutes after I left.

I was so excited to open the package when I was done retreating, bleary eyed and bloated on chocolate.

I slit open the package and was thrilled with the color when I saw the Raspberry Rose shell.

But not so much when I saw the Lime Sorbet cardigan.

NNNAAAAAYGGGGH!!!

So I immediately went to my sweet little computerling, Chip, and pulled up my order confirmation. Sure enough, it had been confirmated that I was getting a Raspberry Rose cardigan and a Raspberry Rose shell.

Who would do that? Who would pack a lime green cardigan with a raspberry shell? Does JC Penney hire color blind packers? Because who would see these two colors together and NOT think "Oh, I better check to see if this customer really wants to look like an Easter Egg."

Because I don't. Not until March.

Now, since I had decided to wear my Raspberry Rose twin set to the Valentine banquet next weekend, I became a woman possessed about getting this mistake taken care of. So I went to our catalog department yesterday and let the lady help me get an even exchange done and a new Raspberry Rose cardigan ordered. I actually got the shipment confirmation today.

They are sending me another Lime Sorbet cardigan.

ANOTHER LIME SORBET CARDIGAN!!

The Lime Sorbet Cardigan that will not die.

So I called the JC Penney Catalog Color Crisis Hot Line and said "...somebody help me!"

I spoke to two very nice women who each said "Sure enough, it seems you're getting another green cardigan."

Nice.

My only hope is that somehow the Raspberry Rose and the Lime Sorbet color codes are reversed in their system and that when you type in one you get the other.

Later, I'm going to schlep back over to the mall and ask if they can confirmate for me that they did indeed order me a Raspberry Rose cardigan. And then I'll await the arrival of the UPS man with great dread to see what color I'm actually getting. It will be like opening a grab bag gift - and we all know how fun that is.

I really wanted to wear Raspberry Rose to the Valentine banquet. If it doesn't come I'll have to wear....sigh....red.

3 comments:

Chris said...

If it's any consolation - I'm wearing blue...lol!

tims_mom said...

Silly question, but if your schlepping to the mall, to confirm your order, couldn't you just see if they have the raspberry sweater in stock in the store or is it a catalog only item?



Nancy

HW said...

tims mom -
Not a silly question, but it is a catalog only item.