Friday, February 20, 2009

SHOULD HE STAY OR SHOULD HE GO...?

I'm off in a couple of hours to our church's ladies retreat.

Two reasons to pray for me:

1. I am speaking tonight. NNNAAAAYYYGGHH!
2. I will most likely be donning a bathing suit to enjoy the indoor water park. Enough said.

I can't decide if I should take my new little baby computerling with me. By the way, we've decided to call him Chip. Should he come along with mama so I can maybe do some live blogging or should he stay home and rest?

Decisions, decisions...

Paul got home from a business trip last night and, since we believe in rotating parents in and out to prevent burnout, I'm leaving today. Actually, if our kids were younger, I would not be going on my little getaway, because I wouldn't want to leave after he had been gone most of the week - you know - continuity and all. But since neither of our kids is actually home much on the weekends -except to sleep - I doubt our back to back absences will damage their innocent little psyches.

In fact I won't be a bit surprised if I come home on Sunday evening and they say "Oh, you've been gone, mom?"

I have left Paul with a couple of tasks to complete while I'm gone:
1. Clean out the refrigerator and find out what that smell is. I think it's some fresh pineapple that got spilled in the back.
2. Remind Kayla and Blake to clean the bathrooms.

I wonder which job he'll find more difficult....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I have my hubby clean out our fridge too. I know I put most of that stuff in, but it gags me to clean it out, the food stuff. I will scrub down and clean it any time, no problem.
I have teens, so I understand about their busy weekends, good luck with that bathroom assignment, mine seem to have missed the lessons on cleaning, it's a constant small battle.
Enjoy your retreat, and JMO, but leave Chip at home, and enjoy the break from technology and the internet.....I did it last weekend when I took dd2 to a soccer tournament, it was a good break!

Roxanne said...

I'm assuming you did not do the live-ladies'-retreat-blogging? Too bad. . .but there is never enough time to do that at a ladies' retreat--especially when you're the speaker.

What was your topic?